[gmx-developers] UML diagram

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Wed Oct 14 21:52:27 CEST 2009

No UML available.
Take a look here:
http://www.gromacs.org/Developer_Zone/Programming_Guide/Programmers's_Guide

I find it very useful to have eclipse for GROMACS. It gives you "Call
Hierarchies" and it jumps to function and type definitions on "F3". This way
you can fast explore the code. You can also use it for compiling and
debugging (including building single binaries). But I often don't use that.
But the index/search functions are extremely useful.

Other people recommend a graphical debugger to get to know the code.

Roland

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 3:16 AM, Rolf Erwin Isele-Holder <
Rolf.Isele at rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I want to do some changes in the updating process of my Gromacs version,
> however I have difficulties to understand the program's structure. Is it
> possible to get an UML diagram or a flow chart?
>
> Regards,
>
> Rolf

865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309