[gmx-developers] Re: threads are now ON by default

Sander Pronk pronk at cbr.su.se
Wed Apr 7 16:37:07 CEST 2010

Threads are only on in the current git version - it's a feature currently under development. There's no thread support in the gromacs 4.0 releases.

BTW how big is your system? It might be too small to be reasonably parallelized.
I've tested performance on a core i7 and got about 20% better performance with 8 threads vs. 4 threads with taskset 0xf.

Sander