[gmx-developers] Trying to understand performance issue - due to all threads pinning to first core?

Shirts, Michael (mrs5pt) mrs5pt at eservices.virginia.edu
Wed Dec 19 20:16:50 CET 2012

Hi, Roland-

-nopin indeed gives full utilization, with a 10% or so performance hit
(sample size = 1).  We will investigate reading off the slot from the PBS
environment to set -pinoffset.  Might be good to provide some examples of
this all on:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Acceleration_and_parallelization

Best,
Michael Shirts