[gmx-users] How to install GROMACS 3.0 in Cgywin based on windows 2000?

Erik Lindahl erik at theophys.kth.se
Sat Aug 25 13:59:10 CEST 2001

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Haoyu Zeng wrote:

Hi,

It's a known limitation that the XDR libraries are not present
in windows. Nothing to do about it, but you can read/write xtc
or any other portable trajectory files.

> Then when i type make, there are error make[3], make[2], make [1].

Well, that's only the make program telling you something happened in
a lower level directory.

In principle we don't support cygwin environments, but the first
thing you must do is to locate the problem. Go to the subdirectory
gmxlib and type make. Browse the output carefully and try to understand
the error message - you could also send that message (but not the whole
output :-) to this list.

If it works, repeat it in the mdlib and kernel directories.

Erik