[gmx-users] rdf analyser

Nestor Sanchez Fornillo nesanfor at criba.edu.ar
Sat Sep 14 19:45:43 CEST 2002

wrote:
> > Hello
> > I am trying to use the g_rdf analyser with a
supplied
> > run input *.tpr (-s option). The programs reports a
> > failure bacause the numbre of atoms of the
trajectory
> > unmatches the ones of topology. This combination of
> > *.trr and *.tpr files work ok for other analysers. I
> > tried to run g_rdf with the correspondent *.gro in
the
> > -s option and the same failure was reported. I will
> > appreciate any suggestion about this promblem. My
> > version installed of gromacs is 3.0.5 (yes I
know... I
> > must update it).
> It's a consistency check that is not in all programs.
You probably have
> one of the tpr or trr without solvent.

Actually the same *.trr / *.tpr ran with g_orient over
solvent molecules, so that group is present in both trr
and tpr.  Should be something else....
Besides if running without the -s option the program
claims for a *.tps file to obtain the structure factor.
*.tps file is not a document format, but perhaps is an
internal format or a typing mistake for tpr.

thanks

nestor