[gmx-users] gromacs charges

Valentin Gogonea v.gogonea at csuohio.edu
Mon Sep 30 18:36:59 CEST 2002

Hi Erik,

Q1:
If charges for all OPLS atom types are specified in ffoplsaanb.itp,
does the reading format for  ffoplsaa.rtp require to specify the
charges in the topology of the molecule. I mean do I have still to fill
in the charges in the rtp file? I saw that in ffoplsaa.rtp the charges
for all amino acids are specified even they are given in ffoplsaanb.itp.

Q2:
If I need to introduce a new OPLS atom type (e.g. sulfonium ion
[SR3]+), what code should I give to it? Codes run up to opls_965 in
foplsaa.atp file.

Thanks,
Valentin