[gmx-users] g_velacc bug?

Andre Farias de Moura andre at qt.dq.ufscar.br
Wed Dec 3 20:31:01 CET 2003

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Claudio J. Margulis wrote:

> Dear Andre, I read your posting some time ago, and I thought of that
> option, but I would also like to read in velocities and I think that you
> cannot write velocities into your xtc files can you?

I'm sorry, I said it would not be a problem at all to use xtc instead of
trr but I missed the whole point, you are interested into velocity acf's,
so you will need trr anyway (I don't know how trr format works, you need
to ask to david, anton, etc)

> I just found on the web that there is a package called FXDR that one can
> compile and have fortran access to xdr routines.
> If I knew exactly what is written into the trr files (in fortran format)
> I could probably write a trr reader/writer myself and contribute it.
>
> It must be nice and warm there in Brazil (or better Brasil) now, it's
> snowing here in Iowa.

I would say it is too much warm here, something around 30 oC (~85 oF),
so warm that our air conditioning is not enough to keep CPU's as cool
as I would like them to be.

> Cheers,
> Claudio.

cheers,