[gmx-users] D-Ala topology for OPLSAA

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Wed Feb 5 17:55:10 CET 2003

Attila Borics wrote:
> Erik,
>
> Yes, I expected the same, but when I try to run pos.res. dynamics it
> keeps crashing after 40-500 2fs steps. I suspected my tip4p water box
> too, that it's not well equilibrated, but that just worked fine in my
> previous simulation....that shouldn't be the problem

Can you run it stable without posres, or can you do an em?

Have you looked at energies, or residue coordinates that go wild?

Is 2fs a good timestep with explicit hydrogens? You could use the
-dummy hydrogens option of pdb2gmx to 'freeze' the internal
degrees of freedom of the hydrogens (see J. Comput Chem 20 789-798,
or the Gromacs manual for method details).

--
Groetjes,

Anton
  ________ ___________________________________________________________
|        | Anton Feenstra                                            |
| .      | Dept. of Pharmacochemistry - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam |
| |----  | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - The Netherlands   |
| |----  | Tel: +31 20 44 47608 - Fax: +31 20 44 47610               |
| ' __   | Feenstra at chem.vu.nl - http://www.chem.vu.nl/afdelingen/FAR|
| (    ) | Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry - University of Groningen  |
|  \__/  | Nijenborgh 4 - 9747 AG Groningen - The Netherlands        |
|   __   | Tel +31 50 363 4327 - Fax +31 50 363 4800                 |
|  /  \  | K.A.Feenstra at chem.rug.nl - http://md.chem.rug.nl/~anton   |
|  \__/  | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down"               |
|        | (Red Hot Chili Peppers)                                   |