[gmx-users] Re: gmx-users digest, Vol 1 #653 - 10 msgs

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 3 18:30:51 CET 2003

> Here when I want to simulate molecules in water, using PME, I found
> that
> all the system including waters, solutes have translational motions
> building up. The system is moving faster and faster.

That is a well-known artefact in all types of MD simulation; it comes
from the small rounding errors in the forces building up an
acceleration.

By default, Gromacs (as most other programs) removes this motion every
step, so check the value of nstcomm you're using in the mdp file!

(you might have disabled it by mistake).

Cheers,

Erik