[gmx-users] CCL4 Solvent box

David spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Mon Mar 31 18:48:01 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 18:09, Venkat Ramanan K wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am an Undergraduate student at Centre for Biotechnology, anna
> University. Presently I am doing my project, and it involves
> Molcular  dynamics simulation of Candida rugosa Lipase in CCL4
> enviornment. I  have set up a cluster of 16 nodes using LAM and
> using GROMACS 3.1 for  the simulation.
>
> I have just started off with the dynamics part, in which I have to
> generate a solvent box filled with CCL4. I tried to get the pdb
> file  of the ccl4 molecule and tried to generate the required .gro
> file. It  works but when i do the grompp step I get teh following
> error.
>
> Fatal error: number of coordinates in coordinate file (b4em.gro,
>              5391)
>              does not match topology (1crl.top, 5126)
>
> Please help me out with this. If you have a .gro file of the CCl4
> solvent which replaces the default spc216.gro, please send it to
> me.  And also instruct me on the steps I should follow to run this
> simulation in CCl4 box.
If you don't have a box of CCl4 yet, (and can't find one) make a single
molecule, minimize it, and then use genconf to generate a larger box,
the do MD with pressure coupling to get the density right. The resulting
box can then be used for genbox, to solvate your protein.

> Venky

Groeten, David.
Dr. David van der Spoel, 	Dept. of Cell and Molecular Biology
phone:	46 18 471 4205		fax: 46 18 511 755
spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se	spoel at gromacs.org   http://xray.bmc.uu.se/~spoel