[gmx-users] soft core potential

Erik Lindahl lindahl at csb.stanford.edu
Mon Oct 6 21:51:01 CEST 2003

Hi,

The softcore sigma value is used for the softcore distortion/scaling of
the potential, not the actual interaction.

If both c6 & c12 are positive, it is calculated from sigma^6=c12/c6,
otherwise the default value is used.

Hence, If you have c6=0 for a particular interaction, the dispersion
part will be zero no matter what the sc_sigma value is.

Cheers,

Erik