[gmx-users] Parameterising for a Solvent

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 2 04:38:00 CEST 2003

Hi Dallas,

To find the internal energy I would suggest running a single molecule
in vacuum.

You will probably get a problem with sampling if it's a small molecule,
but that can be fixed by using langevin dynamics.

You might also need to use double precision, and either shake with a
small tolerance, or a lincs_order=8 to get very exact bond constraining
if you use that.

Cheers,

Erik