[gmx-users] Gridcount

Oliver Beckstein oliver at biop.ox.ac.uk
Sat Apr 17 23:57:01 CEST 2004

Hi Kamil,

looks to me as if no include files are found or something
similar. Please tell me exactly

- what you did to compile the programs
- where your Gromacs include files and libraries are (eg, is it
  /usr/local/gromacs/include or /usr/local/include/gromacs ?), and
- send me the Makefile_standalone that you used

I sort of suspect that some path at the top of Makefile_standalone is
not correct but let me have a look.

Also,
- which Operating System are you running on?
- Which C-compiler?
- Which version of the compiler (eg `gcc -v')?
(Though if you managed to compile gromacs then you should succeed with
gridcount, too).

Did you take the newer tar ball from gromacs.org (gridcount-1.0)?
Unfortunately, my old submission hasn't been removed from the server yet.

Don't send all this through the mailinglist but directly to me and
we'll try to sort it out.

Oliver

> I've got problems with gridcount  compilation.(software contributet by
> Olivier Backstein ) I've used the typical standalone approach, described
> in INSTALL file, but compilation failed. I was given these messages:
>
> g_ri3Dc.c:269: warning: (near initialization for `fnm[1]')
> g_ri3Dc.c:269: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer
> g_ri3Dc.c:269: warning: (near initialization for `fnm[1]')
> g_ri3Dc.c:269: error: `ffREAD' undeclared here (not in a function)

[snip]

Oliver Beckstein * oliver at biop.ox.ac.uk
 http://sansom.biop.ox.ac.uk/oliver/