[gmx-users] cannot compile parallel version

Andre Farias de Moura andre at qt.dq.ufscar.br
Thu Jul 8 19:27:27 CEST 2004

Hi David and Oliver,

I'm still getting the same error message as before...
this is getting a little messy for me: indeed, as Oliver
suggested, there are old fftw versions on /usr/local/lib
(these came from rpm files I downloaded from gromacs
homepage). Using these old libraries I was not being
able to run the gromacs configure script (the mpicc
error I reported at the begining of this discussion).
following Oliver suggestion, I downloaded both fftw
and lam-mpi latest versions and compiled again, this
time using his scripts. I put lam and fftw on /usr/local
just because I did not know exactly where they should
be... anyway, this time I was able to go through the
whole compilation without any error message, but now
I'm stuck here.

shouldn't I begin it from the very begining? I mean:
isn't easier to remove all the fftw and lam stuff
from my computer and then begin from a fresh start?
if so, how can I manage to remove all these libs and
related stuff?

thanks again,

andre'

    Dr. Andre' Farias de Moura