[gmx-users] rhombic dodecahedron - box vectors

Nuno R. L. Ferreira nunolf at ci.uc.pt
Fri Jul 23 12:20:15 CEST 2004

Hi all

Perhaps its not a question to be posed here, but since MD works with
polihedra, someone could point me out some hints about this one.

I've done some MD sims. using a rhombic dodecahedron (xy - square) box.
Usually I make my images or even animations within VMD soft.
I would like to draw the 24 edges of this box type. But, since my maths is not
so well tuned as my protein biochemistry, I need some help here.

>From what I read, from the 3 basis vectors (defined in gmx manual) it is
possible to get the box, by just moving this vectors in 3D space. Is this correct?

How can I do this? Or, where can I get some math inspiration to understand this.
Best regards,
Nuno

Nuno Ricardo Santos Loureiro da Silva Ferreira
Ph.D student
Grupo de Química Biológica
Departamento de Química
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia
Universidade de Coimbra
3004-535 Coimbra
Portugal
www.biolchem.qui.uc.pt
\" Do not worry about your dificulties in mathematics.
   I can assure you that mine are still greater.\"
                                       e=mc2