[gmx-users] top file for Gold

Keta Jones ketajone at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 20 21:48:00 CET 2004

Dear gromacs users,

I was struggling with my problem for making gold
layers.
I have created a pdb file of hydrogenated atoms.i.e

     Au-Au-Au-Au-Au-Au-h

Now I want to create top and rtp files for my system.
So I type  the following command.

x2top -f su.pdb -o au.top -r au.rtp

Using  Gromacs Forcefield. Then the error message is
as follows.

Looking whether force field file ffgmx.rtp exists
Opening library file
/usr/local/gromacs/share/top/ffgmx.rtp
Generating bonds from distances...
Opening library file
/usr/local/gromacs/share/top/ffgmx.atp
There are 53 type to mass translations
atom 7
Opening library file
/usr/local/gromacs/share/top/ffgmx.n2t
There are 20 name to type translations
Fatal error: No forcefield type for atom Au (1) with 0
bonds

So would please someone help how to proceed ?

I also tried with pdb2gmx. but there error message is
Fatal error: Residue 'Au' not found in residue
topology database.
I realize that I have do something for modifying
/top/ffgmx.n2t file or something else.But I can not
confirm waht to do . Please help.

Thanks in advance,
regards
Keta