[gmx-users] Error: C compiler cannot create executables

Marcelo de Freitas Lima mflima at qmc.ufsc.br
Mon May 10 13:52:56 CEST 2004

Please, I'm installing gromacs in a PC Athlon XP with Debian 3.0 (Knoppix).
I have seen a following message, when I try to execute the "./configure":

checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for cc... cc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

My standard compilers are gcc v. 2.95 and g77, I have too f2c and fort77.
My files and directories are a few different from Red Hat stardars, for
example: my Library for computing Fast Fourier Transforms is fftw2,
k7fftwgel2 and k7fftwgel-dev and its location are: "/usr/include" and
"/usr/lib".

The log file about the error (config.log) is attatched

Please help me,

Thanks

Marcelo