[gmx-users] Switching off Coulombs for a charge group.

Pradip Kumar Biswas p.biswas at csuohio.edu
Thu Nov 18 20:37:03 CET 2004

Thank you very much David.  I have to set myself within your first
alternative. Your last alternative of setting the corresponding charges
to zero in the input will not help me as I want the Coul & vdw forces
be calculated for those charges but I only want to suppress energy for
the coulomb arising from those charges. I realize (?) that there are
three copies of the array chargeA[i] in t_mdatoms.
for i=0; <md->nr; i++
the first one extends from 0 to md->nr-1
the 2nd one extends from md->nr to 2*md->nr-1
the 3rd one extends from 2*md->nr to 3*md->nr-1

Am I making a mistake here? I didn't find any segmentation fault when I
set the corresponding charges in all the three arrays to zero.

Can you please tell me the idea behind the three copies? That means are
they there for the calculation of energy from arrays-1&2 and
calculation of force from arrays-1&3; or something like that?  Thanking
you again in advance.

Best regards,
Pradip.