[gmx-users] about normal pressure and constant area

Andre Farias de Moura andre at qt.dq.ufscar.br
Wed Sep 8 13:59:42 CEST 2004

hi ramon,

langmuir films imply the existence of an air/film interface
so you will need to increase your box in the z direction to
produce an evacuated region above your system. I think you
should not couple your system to any pressure bath at all,
use NVT instead. the system will have a constant area per
molecule and an average surface tension, which can be used
to compute surface pressures.

I hope it helps,

best regards,

andre'