[gmx-users] K+ atom type is not found in GROMOS96

Xavier Periole x.periole at rug.nl
Thu Jan 27 12:25:05 CET 2005

>Actually, I used several K+ to neutralise the system, but the rest are used to
>do functional study. I study the effect of K+ on the protein structure and
>biological function etc. Yes, I could use Na. Will the difference of K and NA
>affect the result?

Could be !! Even though those two cations are semilar in some aspect
they are two
different atoms !!! I guess that you have some experimental data that
motivates your
study. You could ask the author what hey think about. Might be no effect !!

XAvier

   Xavier Periole - Ph.D.

   Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry / MD Group
   Univ. of Groningen
   Nijenborgh 4
   9747 AG Groningen
   The Netherlands