[gmx-users] K+ ion adding problem

Venky venky.agas at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 23:45:17 CEST 2005

Hi all,

My system consists of one Protein molecule and 13619 solvent molecules. I
tried adding 100mM KCl to the system which worked out to be 24 atoms...the
genion command executed perfectly. but I am not further able to generate a
topology for this ion added pdb file. I modified the top files lines to

[ molecules ]
; Compound #mols
Protein_A 1
SOL 13595
K 24

and also included "ions.itp" file in the topology file.
but when i execute the grompp command I get a error message

"Fatal error: No such moleculetype K"

Please advice me to troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks

Venky

--
Venkatramanan Krishnamani