[gmx-users] Question regarding installing fftw

Michael Homa mhoma at uic.edu
Tue Jun 7 20:15:08 CEST 2005

Hi:

I apologize if this is an incredibly stupid question. I am
installing Gromacs on our academic computing cluster. According to the
"Prerequisites" page on the web:

    YOU NEED FFTW VERSION 2.1.5

It's very specific about which version, 2.1.5. But, then in the next few
paragraphs, there are four links to rpm files not for version
2.1.5 but for version 2.1.3.2:

  fftw-2.1.3-2.i386.rpm
  fftw-devel-2.1.3-2.i386.rpm
  fftw lammpi-2.1.3-2.i386.rpm
  fftw-lammpi-devel-2.1.3-2.i386.rpm

Can I use the the 2.1.3-2 version instead of the 2.1.5? Thanks.

Michael Homa
Operating Systems Support and Database Group
Academic Computing and Communication Center
University of Illinois at Chicago
email:  mhoma at uic.edu