[gmx-users] gmx_rescue

Amil Anderson aanderson at wittenberg.edu
Mon May 30 23:11:26 CEST 2005

As suggested by Diego Enry, I have tried to use gmx_rescue_LFS to get
at the last 85% of my 23 GByte .xtc file.  When I use the scan
feature of gmx_rescue I find that the offsets reported become
negative after I exceed the 32 bit limit for an integer variable.
I've tried changing the definition of the relevant variables to "long
long int" and recompiling but I still get negative offsets.  I'm not
a C programmer and so I'm not sure if I'm missing something else.
For example, do I need to compile with special 64 bit libraries?  Are
there special compiler flags I need to set?  I'm using gcc 3.2.2
under RedHat Linux 3.2.3 on an Opteron cluster.

Thanks for assisting,
Amil