[gmx-users] simulation at particular pH

Marc Baaden baaden at smplinux.de
Wed Aug 9 10:33:51 CEST 2006

Hi,

I would like to add a little nuance to Gerrit's answer. Although he is right
that there is currently no way of accurately and generally modeling acidity
by introducing explicit H3O+/OH-, one can still use that approach to check
the groce effect in benign cases, like eg if you were to investigate an
industrial process at 1 M acid. At least we tried so in the past [1] and got
some interesting results.

Marc

[1] TBP at the water - oil interface: the effect of TBP concentration and
    water acidity investigated by molecular dynamics simulations
    J. Phys. Chem. B, 105, 2001, 11131-11141

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden at smplinux.de      -      http://www.baaden.ibpc.fr