[gmx-users] clarification on configuration error: configure: error: conditional "am__fastdepCXX" was never defined.

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 19:49:27 CEST 2006

David,

I am not working in the same directory in which I previously compiled
3.3. And I'm just trying to run configure for the first time, so if I
"make distclean", I get an error "No rule to make target distclean".

The other possibility is I might be in the wrong branch or
something... I just followed the instructions on the web page:

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.gromacs.org:/home/gmx/cvs login
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.gromacs.org:/home/gmx/cvs co gmx
And then within the gmx directory:
cvs update -A -r release-3-1-patches

Should that give me the current CVS for 3.3.1? If so, any further suggestions?

Thanks,
David