[gmx-users] program crashes when -table option used

Dongsheng Zhang dong at pampas.chem.purdue.edu
Fri Jul 14 16:23:59 CEST 2006

Berk,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. After I extend the table
extension to 2.0nm, the program works fine now.

Initially the cut_off is 1.4 nm, the table extension is 1.0nm, so my
table is for the interactions whose distance is within 2.5nm. I thought
it is long enough. Could you please explain to me why gromacs compares
the distance between 1 and 4 to the table extension parameter, not the
whole table length (cut-off + table extension)?

I need to use multiple tables for pair interaction (1-4 interaction)
calculations. Currently gromacs can only read one table for pair
interactions. I am thinking to take advantage of the COUL term in
table.xvg because there is no COUL interaction in my coarse-grained
model. The only thing I need to modify in the source code is to switch
the calculation of pair interaction to the calculation of COUL term. If
you think this is a good approach, could you please tell me how to
modify it?

All the best!

Dongsheng