[gmx-users] Request for PDB with the same label as in Gromocs topologies.

Mikko Hellgren Mikko.Hellgren at mbb.ki.se
Tue Mar 28 18:06:40 CEST 2006

Hi David and the rest of the network! Thank you for your response and as
always I get some nice information from you.

Ok - I understand that the problem is complicated, but the ligands that
already are in the forcefields in gromacs like NADH and Retinol, could
not the one that created the topology in whatever forcefield also
contribute with its pdb with the same atom labels as in that specific
forcefield. I mean that we could have ffG43a2.pdb for example with the
residues and ligand pdbs in it. In my work I planned to use ffG43a2 in
pdb2gmx to generate the *.gro file. But perhaps it is not as easy as I
thought to generate the pdbs for different forcefields?

Best to David and the rest of you out there....
Mikko

One cannot avoid making mistakes if one tries to produce a set of words,
or of mathematical formulae, to describe nature. Nature is more
complicated than language or mathematics. Nevertheless, one must do
one's best to produce a set of symbols which are not to discordant with
the facts.
J.B.S. Haldane, preface to "What is Life?", Lindsay Drummond, 1949