[gmx-users] failed dependencies

Florian Haberl Florian.Haberl at chemie.uni-erlangen.de
Tue May 9 09:08:04 CEST 2006

On Monday 08 May 2006 21:00, David van der Spoel wrote:
> Jayant James Jayasundar wrote:
> > hi !
> > I am trying to install GMX on a opteron 2xdual core processor. OS- Suse
> > Linux10.0. I actually installed the intel fortran compiler as I was just
> > not able to get the Suse fortran compiler. I downloaded the suse 10 from
> > opensuse.org.
> > I  get this message while trying to install lam
> > error: Failed dependencies:
> >         gcc-g77 is needed by lam-7.0.6-5
> >         openssh-clients is needed by lam-7.0.6-5
> >         openssh-server is needed by lam-7.0.6-5
> > Suggestions to overcome this problem will be greatly appreciated.
> > Thanks
> > Jayant
>
> disable fortran. you don't need it for gromacs.

To install other packages you need to start yast as root user, and install
missing packages.
Take a look at http://opensuse.org/

> > Jayasundar Jayant James
> > Postdoctoral research fellow,
> > Department of Veterinary and Comparative Anatomy, Pharmacology
> > and Physiology(VCAPP), Washington state university, Pullman
> > 99164-6520, USA.
> > http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0001/0001_01.asp
> > Phone office:335-5937, Cell:1-509-432-5790
> >
> > <http://adworks.rediff.com/cgi-bin/AdWorks/sigclick.cgi/www.rediff.com/si
> >gnature-home.htm/1507191490 at Middle5?PARTNER=3>

greetings,

Florian

 Florian Haberl
 Computer-Chemie-Centrum
 Universitaet Erlangen/ Nuernberg
 Naegelsbachstr 25
 D-91052 Erlangen
 Mailto: florian.haberl AT chemie.uni-erlangen.de