[gmx-users] New website

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Fri May 12 10:57:21 CEST 2006

Hi Chris,

On May 12, 2006, at 8:59 AM, chris.neale at utoronto.ca wrote:

> The site looks nice. My only difficulty is that I like to sit on
> the users
> mailing list and press the refresh button my my browser every few
> hours to see
> the new comments. That now takes me back to the "The gmx-users
> Archives" page.
> It's a tiny problem, but when one is hoping for an answer and
> refreshing often,
> it can become an annoyance.

We'll try to fix that. In the mean time, you can access the list
directly at

http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/

> Seperately, How do I post a response that gets added to the thread
> of the
> initial comment? This is not a new problem for me. Currently, I
> copy the subject
> from the list and write a new email with the same subject (e.g.
> this one "[gmx-
> users] New website")

Mailman (just as most mail clients) actually keep track of threads
through the "Message-ID" field in the header, and then replies will
have a "References" field containing the Message ID of the parent
(even if you change the subject!)

Cheers,

Erik