[gmx-users] Re: angle restraints

Maarten Wolf maarten_wolf at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 17 08:34:02 CEST 2006

David,

> > I do not understand this.
> > Turning the restraints off is only affecting the highed of dG/dl
> and
> > turning it off means that you slowly go to zero.
>
> If you were computing a free energy of removing restraints,
> dG/dlambda
> should be negative, since it releases energy to turn off restraints.
> In other words, it always costs energy to turn on restraints, so
> turning off restraints always releases energy.
>
> You're sure you haven't done something strange like turn on soft core
> potentials? Can you send along your mdp file?

I am not sure. I checked it, but maybe I missed something. I attached
my mdp file.
Thank you for taking the time to help me out here.

Maarten

> David
>

> > Maarten

> http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

MvG Maarten

**  Work Adress         Julianalaan 136             **
**                      2628 BL Delft               **
**                      Netherlands                 **
**                      +31(0)15-2789382            **