[gmx-users] name of molecules at rtp archives!

Anton Feenstra feenstra at few.vu.nl
Mon Oct 9 17:57:44 CEST 2006

Mark Abraham wrote:
> Samuel Silva Pita wrote:
>> Hi GMXers,
>>  how can I find the names of the molecules that are represented at rtp
>> archives?
>> I'd tried to see at aminoacids.dat and at *bond.itp but I cannot find
>> the names. For example: ETH, BA, ETHH, RTOL. Which molecules are these?
>
> Umm, residue topologies are defined in the .rtp files, and that's the
> only source of information, generally. Look at the bond connectivity and
> write the structure down if you can't work out what they are from the
> composition. There's enough information there for a computer to describe
> the topology, so there ought to be plenty for a human.

Most of the building blocks derive directly from the Gromos forcefield,
which is described in full detail in the infamous Gromos manual (4 cm /
1.5 inch worth of paper, no electronic version that I'm aware of...).

I once compiled a table describing briefly all of the building blocks in
the Gromacs forcefield, I haven't checked but it could well still be
floating online on the gromacs site...

--
Groetjes,

Anton

| / \ / \'| | | IBIVU/Bioinformatics - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam   |
|(   |   )| | | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081A HV Amsterdam - Netherlands  |
| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel +31 20 59 87783 - Fax +31 20 59 87653 - Room P440 |
|             | Feenstra at few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down" (RHCP)    |