[gmx-users] Re: Failed Energy Minimization

Jennifer Rendell rendell at cs.mun.ca
Fri Apr 20 12:52:06 CEST 2007

Justin, Your email makes me wonder two things.

1. Are you doing a series of energy minimizations? Do you start with an
    emtol of say 50000, then depending on the results of that, reduce it to
    25000 and so on until you reach the recommended value of 100?

It is unclear when you say
> If I try running with ns_type = simple, the em runs until it
> hits around 35
whether you mean energy minimization is at 35 steps in one cycle at a
particular tolerance, or is 35 the tolerance at which it fails or I don't
know...

2. Have you tried an energy minimization cycle with only your peptide9s(s)
and no water at all?

I hope this is helpful, Jennifer

Jennifer Rendell
Department of Biochemistry