[gmx-users] stepsize too small

burkhard rammner rammner at scimotion.de
Mon Aug 13 20:08:40 CEST 2007

Hi,

This is the first time I`m using gromacs.
That`s why I`m having a beginners`question.
I tried to do an energy minimization, but after 45 steps this message
appears
and I know that the following lines have led to questions before:

"Stepsize too small (9.09769e-007 nm)Converged to machine precision,
but not to the requested precision (1000)"

I`m using single precision windows compiled gromacs. I know, I have
to change whatever parameter, but so far I didn`t succeed.

This is the mdp file:

integrator        = steep
emtol              = 1000
emstep           = 0.01