[gmx-users] Scaling Coulomb interactions with lambda, on a pair-wise basis

Matt Wyczalkowski maw2 at cec.wustl.edu
Wed Dec 5 22:10:57 CET 2007

Hi,

I am looking to scale non-bonded interactions between two atoms with the
lambda parameter, while keeping other interactions unchanged.  I am not
sure how to do this for Coulomb interactions.

Scaling the Lennard-Jones interactions between a specific atom pair
seems straightforward, by setting VA, WA, VB, WB for that pair in the
[PAIRS] directive.  However, in order to modify Coulomb interactions
between an atom pair, it seems I need to modify qA and qB for each atom
-- this then affects the interactions between this atom and all other
atoms as well, something I need to avoid.

Is there a way to scale Coulomb interactions for a specific pair of
atoms only?

Thanks in advance --

Matt

--
Matt Wyczalkowski
Doctoral Candidate, Biomedical Engineering
maw2 at cec.wustl.edu