[gmx-users] totally misunderstood question about genbox

WILLIAM R WELCH wwelch at wisc.edu
Tue Mar 13 22:58:08 CET 2007

Mark
I'm sorry--that is not what I was saying at all--I did not have ANY waters originally defined in my .top file. I used editconf to make a cubic box that was 6 x 6 x 6 , then used genbox and in that step specified which topology file in which to insert the waters--a .top file with no water.   Genbox then ilisted a different number of waters at the end of the .top file than what it had put in the .gro file.  I just think it is strange that the program would itself generate two different numbers for the same thing all in one step.
Will