[gmx-users] freezing/position restraints and minimization

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 22:21:05 CET 2007

OK, further info on this. Looks like it's the minimizer, at least in
the case of freeze groups. I'm using l-bfgs; it seems the minimizer
doesn't respect the constraints imposed by freeze groups.

Now that I think of it, I seem to remember that most of the minimizers
in GROMACS don't respect constraints. I think I'll try again with only
a steepest descents minimization (I think steep works OK with
constraints, if I remember correctly) and see if this helps.

Thanks,
David