[gmx-users] solvate using genbox results in water in the center ofthe bilayer. How to edit pdb file contents in gromacs ?

Alok alokjain at iitk.ac.in
Wed Oct 24 19:05:57 CEST 2007

Hello Maria,

You can do it by two different methods.

1) You can increase the default VdW radii of the lipid atoms in  /usr/local/gromacs/share/top/vdwradii.dat file (path might be different from your system), say 0.5 for carbon, so genbox will not add the water inside the bilayer. but you will find a gap between lipid head groups and water molecules which can be resolved after some ps dynamics. (I personally have not yet got the success ;-) )

2) You can write a small script which can delete these water molecules, I wrote a script for the same if you need contact me offline.

Hope it will help

Alok