[gmx-users] msd vs. time plot for molecules

Michael Skaug mjskaug at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jun 20 20:30:59 CEST 2008

Using g_msd on a group of atoms results in an msd vs. time plot which is
the result of an average over all the atoms' motions.  I would like to
obtain the same plot, but for an average over the center of mass motions
of a group of molecules.  Using the -mol option results in a plot of the
diffusion coefficient for each individual molecule.  Do I need to use
the -mw option for each molecule seperately and then average them
together myself?  Thank you for any ideas.

--Mike Skaug