[gmx-users] running multiprocessor jobs on leopard 10.5.2

Marc Baaden baaden at smplinux.de
Fri Mar 14 10:14:52 CET 2008

Hi,

as a follow-up to Syma's message, we are also running Gromacs on
Leopard for two months now. As installation procedure our preference
goes to the fink system [1], which allows a simple "apt-get install
gromacs-mpi-openmpi" and handles all dependencies. It also allows to
install a version based on lammpi if desired.

On the stability side, it is unfortunate to note that Leopard is less
stable than tiger, and we have had some crashes due to gromacs runs,
although I don't think that the bug at the origin of this is within
Gromacs, but rather within some system library.

On the good side, these machines are really fast, and 8 procs almost
feel like a little cluster :)

Best,
Marc

[1] http://www.finkproject.org/

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden at smplinux.de      -      http://www.baaden.ibpc.fr