[gmx-users] do_dssp

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Fri Oct 31 14:50:50 CET 2008

Morteza Khabiri wrote:
> Dear gmxuser,
>
> I ried the do_dssp command to analyses my protein structure. It produce
> scount.xvg ans ss.xpm file. I could see xvg file by xmgrace and ss,xpm by
> GIMP software. Till now everything is ok. But when I want a make post
> script file by xpm2ps for producing plot.eps file I get the following
> error:
> There are 1 matrices in ss.xpm
> Matrix 0 is 954 x 290
> Segmentation fault

Please be aware

a) this has nothing to do with GROMACS (and thus nothing to do with this
list), because
b) a segmentation fault is an indication of a program failure that can
have any conceivable cause, and
c) the problem arose in a utility that is not part of GROMACS when the
input was known to work in a third-party tool (GIMP).

The most likely hypothesis is that your xpm2ps is not suitable for your
architecture. If you can test it with some other input, that might give
you useful information for diagnosis. The least likely hypothesis is
that you've identified a problem in the way GROMACS (in do_dssp) writes
a .xpm file.