[gmx-users] Re: please help me on last query

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Aug 21 16:40:56 CEST 2009

abhijit kayal wrote:
>        Hi
> As you said I generated a pdb file of n-butane in PRODRG . I am
> executing following command.
>

> pdb2gmx -f ALA.pdb -p ALA.top -o ALA.gro
>
> It is successfully working on amino acid residue.
>
> But when i am executing for butane.
>
> pdb2gmx -f BUTANE.pdb -p BUTANE.top -o BUTANE.gro
>

> Fatal error:
> Residue 'DRG' not found in residue topology database
>

> It is showing above errors.Please help me out on this.

Most errors have solutions that are either posted on the wiki site
(oldwiki.gromacs.org), or by searching the list archive:

http://oldwww.gromacs.org/swish-e/search/search2.php

For your error, the solution is found on the wiki:

http://oldwiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Errors#Residue_.27XXX.27_not_found_in_residue_topology_database

Please consult these resources before posting messages to the list.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
Department of Biochemistry