[gmx-users] mpi mdrun

jayant james jayant.james at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 23:43:47 CEST 2009

Hi!
After installing GMX without the mpi Igive the following commands
make clean
./configure --enable-mpi --disable-nice --program-suffix="_mpi"
I am getting this problem when I give the --enable-mpi option

checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/local/bin/mkdir -p

checking for gawk... gawk

checking how to create a ustar tar archive... gnutar

checking for cc... cc

checking for suffix of executables...

checking whether cc accepts -g... yes

checking for cc option to accept ISO C89... none needed

checking dependency style of cc... gcc3

checking dependency style of cc... gcc3

checking for mpxlc... no

checking for mpicc... mpicc

checking whether the MPI cc command works... yes

checking for catamount... no

checking how to run the C preprocessor... mpicc -E

checking whether mpicc accepts -O3... yes

checking whether mpicc accepts -funroll-all-loops... yes

checking whether mpicc accepts -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -finline-functions
-Wall -Wno-unused -funroll-all-loops... yes

checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/local/bin/grep

checking for egrep... /usr/local/bin/grep -E

checking for ANSI C header files... no

checking for sys/types.h... yes

checking for sys/stat.h... yes

checking for stdlib.h... yes

checking for string.h... yes

checking for memory.h... yes

checking for strings.h... yes

checking for inttypes.h... yes

checking for stdint.h... yes

checking for unistd.h... yes

checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no

checking for int... yes

checking size of int... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (int)

See `config.log' for more details.