[gmx-users] Re: Re: problems with some calculated trajectories

Bernhard Knapp bernhard.knapp at meduniwien.ac.at
Thu Jun 25 10:10:36 CEST 2009

1) trjconv with the "-pbc nojump" option does not help - it removes most
of the jumps but one big remains- the rmsd for the trajectory is
http://www.meduniwien.ac.at/msi/biosim/bk/4.jpg
before the converting with -pbc and
http://www.meduniwien.ac.at/msi/biosim/bk/4noJump.jpg
after conversion.

interestingly under linux vmd could load the trajectories which look
like that:
http://www.meduniwien.ac.at/msi/biosim/bk/4afterNoJump1767.jpg
and
http://www.meduniwien.ac.at/msi/biosim/bk/4afterNoJump1768.jpg

2) Here an illustration for other trajectories with the same problem:
http://www.meduniwien.ac.at/msi/biosim/bk/1.jpg
http://www.meduniwien.ac.at/msi/biosim/bk/2.jpg
http://www.meduniwien.ac.at/msi/biosim/bk/jumppoint.jpg

3) gmxcheck returns no error, just this:

trn version: GMX_trn_file (single precision)
Reading frame       0 time    0.000
# Atoms  167731
Reading frame   20000 time 60000.000

Item        #frames Timestep (ps)
Step         20261    3
Time         20261    3
Lambda       20261    3
Coords       20261    3
Velocities    2027    30
Forces        2027    30
Box          20261    3

any further ideas what I could do with those trajectories or what I
shall do to avoid such problems in future (integration step, water shell
size, ... ?)

cheers
Bernhard

Message: 4