[gmx-users] generalized order parameters S2

Dechang Li li.dc06 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 04:10:23 CET 2009

Dear all,

    I have run a 100ns simulation of protein. I want to calculate the
generalized order parameters S2 for N-H. It was said that to calculate
 S2, the overall motion should be subtracted first. How can I subtract
the overall motion? Can I use the command 'trjconv' to fit the protein
to a reference strucutre firstly, and then calculate S2 using command
'g_rotacf'? If YES, what the reference structure is? The average
structure in the trajectory?

Best regards,
2009-3-3

Dechang Li, Ph.D Candidate