[gmx-users] Adsorption energy of a single molecule

Darrell Koskinen darrellk at ece.ubc.ca
Mon Nov 2 03:24:42 CET 2009

Hi Justin,
Since I cannot use the original .tpr file, then do I need to run grompp with the new index file to create a "new" .tpr file, "mdtopolnew.tpr"? I assume I then need to modify the energygrps line within the .mdp file to include these new energy groups and then execute "mdrun -rerun mdtraj.trr -s mdtopolnew.tpr". Is this correct?

Does executing "mdrun -rerun mdtraj.trr -s mdtopolnew.tpr" cause a molecular dynamics simulation to run once again? If so, then will the exact same molecules that adsorbed on the first MD run be the same ones that adsorb on the second MD run?

Thanks.

Darrell