[gmx-users] gromp error for gmxtest-4.0.4 and 3.3.3 on new gromacs-4.0.5 install

Yirdaw, Robel Birru robel.b.yirdaw at Vanderbilt.Edu
Sat Nov 28 22:48:33 CET 2009

Dear gromacs users,

I have been attempting to test my new gromacs installation of version
4.0.5. using gmxtest 4.0.4 but I keep getting the following error message:

ERROR: Can not find grompp in your path.
Please source GMXRC and try again.

I have sourced the GMXRC file - doing luck_d at the prompt works.

I am simply following the instructions on running the test sets given at:
http://www.gromacs.org/index.php?title=Download_%26_Installation/Test-Set

I get the same error no matter what option I use - for instance, according
to the instructions if you do ./gmxtest.pl you should get usage info, but
I get the same error.

I searched the mailing lists but couldn't find anyone with a similar problem.

*My installation had no problems - it's a double precision install on
ubuntu 9.04 and a Pentium 4 desktop.

*I have also tried gmxtest-3.3.3, but I get the same error
*However, trying gmxtest-3.3.2 does not give the error. Instead, testing
begins, 16 simple, 14 complex and 63 kernel tests pass but interrupts with
the following error:
Error not all 45 pdb2gmx tests have been done successfully
Only 0 energies in the log file

It looks to me like there are multiple issues here. So my question is
really simple, how does one test a gromacs installation?  What I am doing
is actually a rehearsal for testing on a cluster.

Thanks.

-Robel