[gmx-users] Errors in constraint pulling

Hideya Nakamura hideyanakamura at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 21:58:55 CEST 2009

Thank you for your suggestions, Berk,

> Are you sure your initial distance is -3.5 along (0,0,-1),
> this means the distance is actually +3.5 in z.

I am sure that. I want to set a molecule +3.5 in z from center of the bilayer.

> Another issue could be that 3.5 is more than half the box size.
> I think we should add a check for too long distances,
> so users get a clear error message and they do not need to contact
> the mailing list.
>
> Berk

My box size is approximately 8.0 nm. So, +3.5 is not more than half of
the box in my case.
And also, when I tried +2.1 nm (just above lipid head groups), the
same errors and warnings were observed.

Is there other possible problems?

Hideya