[gmx-users] question about the implicit walls

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 21 15:20:46 CEST 2009

Hi,

For all interactions except for the PME mesh part there is no pbc in z.
For PME mesh there is periodicity in z.

For c) there are several options.
One issue is that the DD setup is not very smart (yet)
and it might decompose is z. If this is case, use the -dd option
of mdrun to preferable decompose in x and possibly also in y.

Another option would be to use a slightly longer cut-off and a coarser grid.
Or simply do not use separate PME nodes.

Berk