[gmx-users] DSSP => how to edit .eps file

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Apr 3 21:19:50 CEST 2010

Chih-Ying Lin wrote:

> HI
> After running DSSP, .eps files are created.

No they aren't; you create .eps files from the .xpm output that do_dssp generates.

> We can see the second structures of the all residues.
> I only want to see the change of the second structures of some specific
> residues.
> How can i do it?

As with most (all) Gromacs analysis tools, create an index group for the
residues you want to analyze.  That will require you to re-run your analysis or
otherwise hack your .xpm file (probably not a good idea).

> Also, how can I change the thickness of the color band for each residue?

Use an appropriate .m2p file to alter the attributes of the data.  An example is
given in the online manual.

> The logo indicates the color of different second structure is shown not
> clear for me, how can i make the change on it?

Do you want to change the colors assigned, or some other aspect of the legend?
You could, in theory, edit the color assignments in the .xpm file.

-Justin

> Thank you
> Lin

Justin A. Lemkul