[gmx-users] Simulation of only Lipid Bilayer

Itamar Kass itamar.kass at med.monash.edu.au
Wed Apr 7 01:56:08 CEST 2010

Hi Saumya,

for topology please look at those two paper from Poger in which he
derive new parameters for various lipids:

1. Poger D., van Gunsteren W. F. & Mark A. E. (2009) A new force field
for simulating phosphatidylcholine bilayers. J. Comput. Chem. in press
(doi: 10.1002/jcc.21396)

2. Poger D. & Mark A. E. (2010) On the validation of molecular dynamics
simulations of saturated and cis-monounsaturated phosphatidylcholine
lipid bilayers: a comparison with experiment. J. Chem. Theory Comput. 6,
325-336

A nice site to find coordinates for well equilibrated lipids is the one
of Peter Tieleman
<http://moose.bio.ucalgary.ca/index.php?page=Peter_Tieleman>
(http://moose.bio.ucalgary.ca/).

Good luck with the simulations,
Itamar

--

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut